Saturday, November 14, 2009

Best Turkey Ever! (part 2)

The next day, I drained the brine from the turkey.

Discarding all fruit and herbs. I then rinsed off the bird.



After rinsing the turkey, I stuffed it with fresh rosemary, thyme, sage...


apples, oranges, and onions...


The next thing I did is make a butter compote with butter and fresh (or dried) herbs. Once the butter and herbs were mixed together, I shoved it under the skin of the bird, on top of the breasts. Sorry, no picture of this.. Butter and camera do not get along very well.






Then, I added cut up apples, oranges, celery, onions and carrots to the bottom of the roaster.





I prefer to use my Rival roaster oven to my oven. It keeps all the heat right next to the bird and it keeps all the moisture in. No need for basting, and it is still super moist and fall off the bone tender.




This is what it looks like after cooking for four hours. It is so moist it is falling off the bones. I am telling you, this turkey is to die for! It is so good, I hardly ever have leftovers.






2 comments:

Suzanne Moreton said...

That looks Yum O! My Mom gave me that same roaster last year for Christmas. How long do you cook it for in there? I am so trying this.

Shannon said...

That looks awesome...I always buy a turkey to make on New Years day...so I think I will try that! Do you just make stuffing on the side then?