Wednesday, March 17, 2010

In honor of St. Patrick's day

Mint cookies! These were super easy and festive. Brought them to work and they were gobbled right up. My kids loved them too! I had the idea and just went for it. I'm so glad I did. It's just to bad I'm on a diet and can't eat them. I did taste one, to make sure they were good, though.

Ingredients~

1 packages sugar cookie mix
3/4 of a bag of thin mint cookies, chopped up
1 egg
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/8 tsp mint extract
8-10 drops of green food coloring

Preheat oven to 375.

Whip butter until smooth. Add cookie mix, egg, and mint extract. Mix until combined. Add food coloring until desired color is achieved. Stir in chopped up thin mints. Scoop onto cookie sheet, two inches apart. Bake 10 minutes. Let cool on wire rack.

Enjoy.


No comments: