Saturday, March 13, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies

Do you want a delicious oatmeal cookie? I know you do. Here is a recipe I changed a bit. I got the recipe out of my Better Homes cookbook that I love so much. However, I have made that recipe several times and wanted to change it up a bit. So instead of adding peanut butter, I added pumpkin spice pudding mix. I had no idea what the change would do to the cookies. But, let me tell you, I am sooooooo glad I tried this!! The only problem is, you can only get pumpkin spice pudding mix during the holidays, so I won't be able to make these again until the fall. I will however try different pudding mixes to see how the flavors mesh.

Here's the recipe-

3/4 cup softened butter
1 pkg pumpkin spice pudding mix (I used Jello brand)
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
2 cups rolled oats

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a mixing bowl beat butter and pudding mix until combined and smooth. Add sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Beat until combined. Scrap sides of bowl as needed. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Once combined, mix in flour. Lastly, stir in oats.

Drop my rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart on baking sheet. (I used a handy dandy cookie scoop, if you make a lot of cookies you have to have one of these. Best thing ever..right next to my Kitchen Aid)

Bake 10 minutes or until edges are just slightly browned. Let rest for a few (3-5) minutes, then transfer to cooling racks.

No comments: