Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pumpkin Chili


Pumpkin Chili...Yep, I went there. I came across a few different recipes and just had to give it a try. Many were skeptical...including me. I have only ever had pumpkin in sweet dishes, never savory. I'm glad I gave this a try. It was very good, with just a hint of pumpkin. I made mine a little on the spicy side, but my family gobbled it right up. Only change I will make, is the beef broth. I think it would be better to change it out for tomato sauce.
Pumpkin Chili
1 can pumpkin
2 bell peppers, diced
1 onion, diced
2lbs ground beef
1 tbs Garlic Garlic
1 tbs Fiesta party dip mix
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 cans Dark kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 can chili ready diced tomatoes
2 cans beef broth
Brown up ground beef with peppers and onions. Drain. Rinse and drain all beans. Add all ingredients to crock pot. Mix to combine. Cover and cook on low about 5 hours. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream.
Garlic Garlic and Fiesta Party dip mix are from Tastefully Simple. Click the web link to the right, to order.

No comments: