Sunday, November 28, 2010

Pumpkin Bisque

This was one of those ideas that kinda scared me. I wasn't sure if I really wanted to try. I had this idea for a pumpkin soup... a thick, creamy soup. I like thick soups. So, I figured, why not. I mean, I had all the ingredients, what could it hurt. I am SOOOOO glad I did! This soup was so good, My husband (who was really doubting it) has already asked when I will be making it again.
I'm also betting it would be even better with fresh pumpkin, instead of canned, but canned is what I had.

Pumpkin Bisque

1 cup pumpkin
half an onion chopped
1 tbs bacon fat
1 tbs Garlic Garlic
3 cups heavy cream
2 cubes chicken bouillon
3 egg yolks, beat slightly
salt and pepper to taste

Heat bacon fat in pan. Add onions, cook until translucent. Add pumpkin, Garlic Garlic, some salt and pepper. Whisk in heavy cream. Add bouillon cubes.
Temper eggs by adding a little of the hot soup to eggs and beating with a fork. Repeat. Then add egg mixture to soup. Cook on medium, stirring constantly. Soup will thicken and start to bubble. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy.

Side note, I think this would be better completely creamy, by blending with immersion blender. (I don't have one, so we had our chunky) My husband, prefers the chunks of onion for texture. I'll leave that up to you to decide.

Garlic Garlic is made by Tastefully Simple, you can get it from the website on the top, right of this page.



No comments: