Thursday, July 1, 2010

Roasted Veggies in a Pita Pocket


This was a "throw together" meal, as my husband would call it. I had the idea before going into the kitchen, so I don't really feel it was a throw together, but I'm not going to argue with him over it. I can find so many other things to argue about. ;) But, never mind that. Here's how to make it.
Cut up an onion, a few zucchini and squash (I had 5 total), and a few tomatoes. Mix together in a bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper, and Tastefully Simple Sun Dried Tomato dip mix (about 2-3 teaspoons). Spread out on a sheet pan and roast under the broiler until golden brown, and the veggies are cooked.
Take a pita pocket and spread hummus inside. Add roasted veggies and some feta cheese. That's it. Totally yummy and vegetarian

No comments: