Monday, August 30, 2010

Not as good as Trish's..but..

Chicken fried steak, smashed potatoes, and asparagus. Not the most healthy meal, but it was definitely good comfort food. Plus, pounding out the steak works out a lot of aggression. I recommend making this meal when you are really want to beat the husband or children. The flatter you pound the meat, the better it gets. So, the more ticked off you are, the better. :)

Anyway, Start by pounding the meat. Then dip into milk (I used half and half, I had it and it needed to be used) and then into the breading, then straight into a hot pan of oil. Cook a few minutes on each side. I made the breading with equal parts flour and Italian seasoned bread crumbs. I also added some seasonings..salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder.

I also made the potatoes and gravy from scratch. :) No instant potatoes today. LOL

No comments: