Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Teaching the Kids to Cook












I have decided it's time to get my kids involved more in the kitchen. It's important to teach them such life skills. I don't want them living on fast food when they are older.. or worse, not moving out at all. So, I am teaching them to cook. Plus, it is kinda fun having them help. I just have to make sure I have a lot of patience on these days.
Anyway.. this is how it went.
Jessica, made the garlic bread. It was the perfect job for her. She has a very unnatural love of butter, so she was able to put as much as she wanted on her bread. She can get away with this, since she's four and has a pretty healthy diet the rest of the time.
Jacob, had to cut the sun dried tomatoes and make the sauce. He did very well. We did have safety talks about using knives and the stove. Basically, I told him if he touched either items without my permission..I'd break his little fingers. I think that drove the point home. LOL He worked very safe and did a wonderful job.
I really enjoyed working with both of them. I'm not going to lie, it took a little to sucker them into helping me. But, after all was cooked and done...they had fun too. Jacob is already thinking of other things to make.



No comments: