Thursday, June 24, 2010

Best Potato Salad Ever!

The best potato salad ever! Yummy!
First thing you are going to do, is fry up a pound of bacon. (save some of the bacon grease. Actually, just leave it in the pan.)If you're as lucky as I am, you can convince the husband to do this part. While the bacon is frying, cut and boil about 8 yukon gold potatoes. Boil them until just fork tender. Drain. Hard boil 4 eggs.

Once bacon is all fried and potatoes are boiled and drained. Toss potatoes into hot bacon grease and brown them up a bit. The potatoes will take on some of the bacon flavor and get nice and crispy. Chop up 3/4 of the bacon. I left out about 5 slices. Set aside. Peel and chop eggs.
While the potatoes are frying up, make the sauce. I used about 2 cups of mayo, but you could cut it with sour cream. Add 2 tablespoons of dill, tablespoon and a half of Tastefully Simple Onion Onion, salt and pepper to taste. Once mixed, add in chopped bacon and eggs. Mix.
Let the potatoes come to room temp, then add to the mix and toss.
Lastly, add in two large handfuls of shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Mix all together. If it's to dry, add in more mayo or sour cream. Set in the fridge to chill. Enjoy.


2 comments:

Karate Mommy said...

Sounds awesome...very similar to the one I found on Tasty Kitchen. Will have to make this one sometime. I don't know if you will find this any easier or not but I keep my bacon for cooking in the freezer. I cut it with a large knife on the cutting board into small pieces before I throw it in the frying pan. I find it easier to fully crisp this way.

Karate Mommy said...

You should try this warm instead of chilling it. I thought the idea of warm potato salad was weird until I tried it.